Cheeessseee

Cheeessseee
signature smile

Saturday 19 April 2014

Unlikely friend.....

So about 15 months ago I met my boyfriends best friend and his partner. She was a really good friend to his ex (a ten year relationship) so there are some old ties (but her loyalties lie with my boy which is good) but from my side I felt I had some big shoes to fill even if the ex misses and the best gal pal aren't friends now it still had issues for me. Call me insecure call me petty or call me realistic and honest. I'd go with all four hahahaha. 
So the first meeting was very tense and the comment the boy said afterwards was"I don't expect you to be besties just be civil" so I'm assuming I wasn't the fav!!
 
But now 15 months later and I consider this girl a friend. I enjoy spending time and the conversation flows and we even have little bitching sessions!! Which I think signs and seals a friendship in my opinion!!!
The crossing over was sealed (in my opinion anyways) was when she discussed the ten year ex and said how she was brave to end things with my boy and start over and how she was glad that  my boy found someone who was right for him and who he knew he was meant to be with (a direct quote from her boy during a man talk - who knew they existed where they actually talked about feelings) then she went on to say the friendship with the ten year ex didn't happen over night they had to work at it. This was like an olive branch to me which signalled don't worry we will get there. Maybe I'm reading too much into it maybe it was a passing comment or maybe it was a promise of things to come. And that was like a light at the end of the tunnel.... An unlikely friend, I love that fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment